We take great pride in raising our puppies. They are born in our house, near our bedrooms, and are part of the family from day one. During the 8 weeks the puppies are with us, we do everything we can to get them off on the right paw, so when you take them home, they already have a great base of experiences on which to build.
Once the puppies are born, they spend much of their time in their very own "puppy palace", which is a heated room with windows connected to our family room. As they grow, we provide them with hours of important socialization, introducing each puppy to a wide variety of people, sounds, smells and scenarios, which helps to create balanced dogs who are inquisitive, adaptable and social. While in our care, the puppies experience things like:
- Socializing with our adult dogs
- Playing with children
- Walking on a variety of surfaces
- Hearing many different sounds, like household appliances
- Being bathed, blow-dryed and brushed
- Visiting the vet
- Exploring our puppy playgrounds, including the Avidog adventure box
- Running through tunnels and climbing over obstacles
- Responding to the sound of a regular plastic whistle
- Experiencing the sights and sounds of life on a farm
We begin introducing them to a crate at five weeks old, so by the time they join your home they are familiar with the sight of a crate. In addition, all of our puppies are litter box trained to eliminate on wood chips.
We love raising balanced, happy dogs!