We strongly believe that all of our breeding dogs should be part of a family. Their well-being is a top priority for us, and our guardian program is designed to enhance the lives of our breeding dogs.
Our program offers responsible and fabulous families who live in the Calgary area the opportunity to take home an intact puppy that we select from one of our litters. This puppy lives with you as part of your family, and receives socialization, training, love and care. When it is old enough, it will be part of our breeding program for a select number of litters. This requires that it spends some time with us at our facility during the breeding process.
Once the dog has completed its time as part of our breeding program, it is the guardian home's responsibility to spay/neuter their dog. We sign full ownership over to you, and the dog will be yours forever.
Before entering a guardian program arrangement, we sign a contract with you outlining all of the details and timelines, so everyone knows what to expect.
It's important to us that our guardian program families understand the responsibility of raising a future breeding dog, and that they are happy to communicate regularly with us and work together. Our guardian families are chosen with great care and attention. We ask that all of our guardian homes:
- Are responsible for routine maintenance and medical care, such as annual vaccines, heartworm and flea/tick prevention, etc.
- Feed the dog food as per our recommendations
- Practice behaviour training
- Provide socialization and regular exercise
- Own their home, have a fenced yard for safety and never leave the dog outside unattended
- Have no other intact dogs in the home
- Practice regular grooming
If you're interested in applying for or learning more about our guardian program, please contact us.