Prairie Doodles of Canada provides a health warranty relating to severe or life threatening diseases up to the age of two years under the following conditions:
1. The condition is designated severe or life threatening by two independent veterinarians, one of which will be a vet of Prairie Doodles choosing at the discretion of PD, and all diagnostic data including x rays are provided to Prairie Doodles, Canada, and findings are reviewed and agreed to by a vet of Prairie Doodles choosing. This does not include maladies that are common among any living creature ie: ear infections, food or environmental allergies, misaligned teeth or any cosmetic dental procedures. This guarantee is for severe or life threatening diseases (life threatening or life altering to the extent that it is not treatable or that it causes severe pain and suffering) for the time period of up to 2 years of age.
Prairie Doodles recommends pet insurance to cover accidents and/or regular vet expenses. (Trupanion Pet Insurance is recommended) Buyer will be provided 30 days free pet insurance from Trupanion.
2. In the case of Hip Dysplasia (HD) or Elbow Dysplasia (ED) or Life Threatening Disease
a. Purchasers are hereby cautioned about the importance of a good quality diet and the risks of overfeeding, and excessive exercise too early in their development. RAW diet must not be given solely in the first year of life while bones are developing. Puppy must not be walked more than 2 times daily ½ hour per time before 1 year of age. Prairie Doodles will not guarantee against HD caused by any of the above reasons.
b. The purchaser has abided by the information supplied by Prairie Doodles and has abided by the cautions regarding the correct exercise and raising regimes for optimum health of growing dogs.
3. Subject to all conditions of this agreement being met, replacement of the puppy from the next available litter or refund 1/2 of the purchase price, at Prairie Doodles discretion, if the purchaser desires to return the dog. If the purchaser desires to keep the dog, Prairie Doodles will pay for all veterinary bills for treatment up to 2200.00 upon receipt of invoices from vet clinic. Proof of HD, by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) is required before a replacement/refund will be made. Prairie Doodles reserves the right to confirm OFA testing before a replacement/refund is made.
If puppy is returned for any other reason from 10 weeks to 6 months of age PD will refund 1/2 purchase price. After the age of 6 months old PD will refund within their discretion.
4. The dog is only guaranteed to the original purchaser. If the dog has been sold, the health guarantee becomes void.
5. Puppy/Dog must have been kept current of all vaccinations including rabies. Copies of these records will be required to be submitted to breeder if purchaser is requesting replacement. Puppies or Adults who have not been given these treatments on a regular basis are not covered under the health guarantee. Prairie Doodles recommends doing rabies vaccination separately from other vaccinations.
Buyer should have puppy examined by a veterinarian of their choice within 5 days of possession of puppy at the buyer's expense. Well-Visits to veterinarians’ can be expensive, it is at the Buyer’s discretion to take puppy to the veterinarian within the first 5 days, however it is recommended by PD to ensure that both parties agree that the puppy is healthy at time of pickup/delivery.
6. TEMPERAMENT & TRAINING
Buyer understands that all puppies show certain undesirable behaviors (nipping, chewing, barking, marking, etc). Buyer is responsible for appropriate training of Dog/Puppy to correctly teach acceptable behaviors, and is responsible for proper socialization of Dog/Puppy. If this is not available in your area please contact Prairie Doodles for information on an online trainer that is available.
• Buyer agrees to provide obedience training to Dog/Puppy no later than 16 weeks of age (puppy socialization classes) and continue with training (Basic Dog Obedience Classes) as long as necessary to establish a solid foundation for a well socialized puppy. Training may be done independently (if previous dog owner and experienced with dog behaviour) or through professional trainers. Prairie Doodles does have several trainers in the Calgary/Edmonton area that we recommend.
• Should Buyer not be successful at obedience training or curbing unwanted behaviour, the Buyer agrees to seek professional help from a certified trainer should it become necessary.
• Prairie Doodles recommends and Buyer agrees to seek professional advice and help when training situations arise. Prairie Doodles is not a certified trainer or certified animal behaviourist and recommends professional help when needed.
• Documentation must be received from two certified behaviorists stating the nature of the Dog’s behavior and the attempted behavior modification utilized before replacement will be provided. If trainers indicate that issues are the result of improper training/raising of Dog or the direct result of Dog’s environment, Seller is not responsible for replacing with another puppy.
In signing the bill of sale, you agree to the terms and conditions listed in this health guarantee and a signature from buyer and seller activates this contract.
In the case of later neutering, said Puppy must neutered by 8 months of age. Proof of neutering must be sent to Prairie Doodles at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8 1/2 months of age. If neutering is not done by this date then the buyer owes Prairie Doodles the amount of 7250.00 as this dog will be considered a breeding dog.